VETERAN Aussie Sevens players and Rio gold medallists, Sharni Williams, Shannon Parry and Alicia Quirk are looking to add another gold to their collection.

The trio have re-signed with the Sevens program until the end of 2020, taking them through to the next Olympics in Tokyo.

Their the latest among are number of the core group to stay on with the program after Charlotte Caslick, Emilee Cherry and Evania Pelite also re-signed.

Williams is confident the side, which is the current World Series title holder, has a lot more to give.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to represent my country in both Sevens and XVs and to continue my journey with the Aussie 7s for the next two years is really exciting,” she said.

“As a squad, I believe we have only just scratched the surface of what we are capable of and there are more and more exciting new prospects putting their hands up all the time.

“The 2017-2018 HSBC Sevens World Series showed how much stronger the competition is now on the world stage. Teams will be coming for us and it is about how we prepare and handle those situations.

“I’m excited, pumped and ready for what lies ahead and am looking forward to the next two years.”

Coach John Manenti was pleased to have his experienced players staying with the program.

The 2018-19 season serves as Olympic qualification and a crucial building year into the Olympic Games.

“These three women are outstanding rugby players and leaders within our squad,” Manenti said.

“They all have such passion and drive for the program and for the game, wanting to see it grow and you can see this enthusiasm in the way they still throw themselves at everything.

“This year stands a massive year for the squad as we fight to secure Olympic qualification and to have these three as a part of our plans is the wind in our sails as we charge through our pre-season.”

The Qantas Australian Women’s Sevens side will kick off their quest for Olympic Qualification with the first leg of the HSBC Sevens World Series in Colorado on October 20.