The Portuguese star's marketability has been used for an interesting and amusing purpose
Cristiano Ronaldo has performed a hilarious dance routine in a bizarre advertisement for Singapore company Shopee.

The Juventus striker is the star of the commercial for the south-east Asian business, which is a leading online shopping platform in the region.

In the advertisment, Ronaldo curls a free kick into the back of the net before performing his trademark goal celebration.

Editors' Picks
Barcelona and Bayern Munich confirm agreement in principle for one-year Coutinho loan
Foul or nothing! Pep's 'professional' approach to killing counterattacks is part of Man City's weaponry
From Sane, Bale & Hudson-Odoi to loaning Perisic - Bayern's doomed search for a superstar winger
How Real Madrid will line up in 2019-20
But after members of the crowd access the Shopee app, Ronaldo is shown an orange card by the referee, is transformed into an jersey of the same colour and breaks into the 'Go Shopee' dance.

Once the dance routine is completed, the 34-year-old attacker announces that consumers should 'buy everything at Shopee'.

It's not the first time Ronaldo's marketabilty has been used in strange commercials, having appeared in an advertisement for Israeli communications company HOT in which he says he is faster than the internet speed they are offering.

While the ex-Real Madrid and Manchester United forward was also deployed in a Japanese advertisement for a facial fitness tool.

Ronaldo missed a Juventus intra-squad match on Wednesday and it is unknown whether he will play in Saturday's friendly against Serie C team Triestina, with the Serie A season set to kickoff next week

His first league match will come on August 24 versus Parma as Juventus begin their campaign to win a ninth consecutive Scudetto.

In a recent exclusive DAZN documentary titled The Making Of , Ronaldo explained the differences he believes there is between himself and fellow superstar Lionel Messi .

“In the case of Messi, he is an excellent player,” Ronaldo said in the production.

“Not only for the Ballons d'Or he has won but for also being a player who was always at the top year after year, just like me.

“The difference with me is that I've played for different clubs and I also won the Champions League with different clubs.

“I was the top scorer in the Champions League six times in a row.”