After hitting four goals against Malmo in an 8-0 rout in the Champions League on Tuesday, the Portuguese international insisted he is content with life in Spain

Record-breaking Cristiano Ronaldo has repeated that he is happy at Real Madrid, while insisting he is not obsessed with the Ballon d'Or.

The striker rediscovered his best form in front of goal with four strikes in an 8-0 demolition of Malmo on Tuesday, with Karim Benzema also grabbing a hat-trick.

Ronaldo also broke the record for the most goals in a Champions League group stage, reaching 11 this year.

"It is just speculation, it happens every year," he told Atresmedia after Tuesday's game, referring to rumours linking him with a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

"In a way people are used to this always happening around Cristiano. I am good, I feel good in a club that has helped me a lot since I arrived and I am very happy here."

While Ronaldo was included alongside Lionel Messi and Neymar in the Ballon d'Or top three, his chances of winning are slim due to the treble won by his rivals at Barcelona.

But when asked about the prize, the three-time winner affirmed that losing the title would not keep him awake at night.

"I am not obsessed with the Ballon d'Or. These things happen naturally, and I am happy with my season," he said.

"People might be used to better performances but I am happy considering what happened at the start of the season when there were certain problems but they are private.

"I am getting better, I am feeling better, the team are helping me a lot and I am happy."