Matt Dunn is in two minds what to do next with promising staying filly Rocknavar, who survived a protest to win at Eagle Farm.

The daughter of Fastnet Rock can progress to Sydney and run in the Group 1 Vinery or Adrian Knox a week later, or be eased up and set on a winter campaign.

Dunn had Kebede, who won the Doomben Roses in 2016, and he’s getting a similar vibe with Rocknavar.

“I have a good opinion of her. I think she’s just as good as Kebede,” he said.

“She’s got a monster pedigree and if she could even run a place in one of those good races in Sydney, her value would be enormous. I’m just not sure whether to go there or wait for the carnival up here.”

Barry Lockwood welcomed his “old tart” Tumbler back to the winning list when the seven-year-old mare narrowly lasted to win the 1400m Open Handicap.

Apprentice Corey Bayliss gave Tumbler plenty of running room in the middle of the track and although she felt the pinch late, she still had a margin to spare over Deconstructed.

“She’s a bloody old tart. She would break your heart,” Lockwood said in reference to Tumbler’s penchant for finding trouble.

“It’s great for her because it’s been a long time between wins.”