Heavyweight Filip Hrgovic, one of the best prospects in boxing, signed a co-promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn on Thursday.

Team Sauerland, which signed Hrgovic after he claimed a bronze medal for Croatia at the 2016 Rio Olympics, had been talking to various promoters to gauge their interest in a co-promotional deal, and they came to an agreement with Hearn, who promotes unified heavyweight world titleholder Anthony Joshua, an obvious future target for Hrgovic.

"I'm excited to team up with Team Sauerland to work on an exceptional young heavyweight in Filip Hrgovic," Hearn said. "Everyone in the sport knows what a threat this man is, and he is already willing to jump in big fights at such an early stage in his career."

Under the deal, Hrgovic's fights will stream on DAZN in the United States and air on Sky Sports in the United Kingdom, outlets that Hearn has content deals with.

"I am very happy and honored that my promoter Team Sauerland will be working with Matchroom Boxing, DAZN and Sky Sports to deliver me big fights as I continue my world title quest," Hrgovic said. "This will be great for my career and proves I am one of the best prospects in the business. My goal is to become world champion and to hold all the belts in the heavyweight division. I know to be the best I will have to beat the best, and as I've proven so far in my professional career, I am willing to fight any heavyweight out there. I look forward to being involved in huge fights all around the world and showing boxing fans what Filip Hrgovic can do."

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound Hrgovic (7-0, 5 KOs), 26, is on the fast track since turning professional in September 2017. In his past two fights -- his first as a pro in his hometown of Zagreb, the capital of Croatia -- he knocked out fringe contender Amir Mansour in the third round in September followed by a shutout eight-round decision over former world title challenger Kevin Johnson in December.

"Heavyweight boxing is currently enjoying a huge resurgence, and we believe Filip Hrgovic is the most exciting up-and-coming fighter in the division," promoter Nisse Sauerland said.