The Ravens finished off their season with a winning record (9-7) sitting second in the AFC North rankings, but the team failed to make the playoffs for a third straight season.

Now that the season is over, owner Steve Bisciotti admitted publicly for the first time that he thought about firing coach John Harbaugh, who has led Baltimore for 10 seasons.

"It was certainly a consideration, but not one that I was inclined to make this year," Bisciotti said at Friday's annual "State of the Ravens" news conference, per ESPN.

The Ravens made the playoffs in Harbaugh's first five seasons at the franchise's helm and even secured a Super Bowl title in 2012. Despite failing to make it to the playoffs in recent years, Bisciotti never gave him an ultimatum surrounding postseason play.

"He's under as much pressure than probably he's ever been in his life, and I expect him to keep his chin up and take his positivity and his talents and make the most of the season," Bisciotti said. "I may as well replace him now if I tell him to make the playoffs or you're out of town next year. That's not the way we run business here."

Harbaugh received a one-year extension before the start of the season and is signed through 2019