Former junior featherweight world titlist Scott Quigg, now campaigning at junior lightweight and targeting a fight with titleholder Tevin Farmer, will take on Jayson Velez on April 26, Matchroom Boxing announced Thursday.

Quigg-Velez will be part of the card headlined by the rematch between junior bantamweight world champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Juan Francisco Estrada at The Forum in Inglewood, California.

Quigg (35-2-2, 26 KOs), 30, of England, is seeking his second win in a row in the junior lightweight division after failing to make weight and losing a decision to featherweight world titlist Oscar Valdez in a hellacious battle 13 months ago.

Velez (28-5-1, 20 KOs), 31, of Puerto Rico, has won two fights in a row by knockout over former featherweight and lightweight world title challenger Orlando Cruz in September and former junior featherweight titlist Victor Terrazas in March.

Quigg, who is trained by Hall of Famer Freddie Roach, returned for a second-round knockout of Mario Briones in October in Boston and now will take on former featherweight world title challenger Velez in a 10-round fight.

When Valdez defeated Briones, the fight was on the same card on which Farmer (29-4-1, 6 KOs), of Philadelphia, retained his world title by knocking out James Tennyson in the fifth round.

"These are the cards I want to be on," Quigg said. "It's a great chance for me to make a big statement with the attention on the bill. I want to be a world champion again so I need to show people that I mean business. Jayson is a solid fighter who is coming off some good wins so it's a good test and one I am looking forward to.

"Boston was a good win. Coming off the Oscar Valdez defeat it was good to get back to winning ways in a new city in my second fight over here [in the United States]. It was my first fight at [130 pounds]. I felt strong and I enjoyed the city."

He is hoping to set up a fight with Farmer, who few call out. It's a doable fight since they are both boxing on the streaming service DAZN.

"Tevin is a very good fighter, one I've watched for a long time," Quigg said. "He's come up the hard way with four losses as he was matched tough early on. He does everything well, but it's a fight that I would jump at as I believe I have got the better of him. I think I can fight for a title this year. Get a good win over Jayson on April 26 and I believe I'm ready. If I have to have another fight before then so be it, but 2019 I want to win a world title again."