The first 2015 test at Sepang came to an end with a positive balance for Pramac Racing.

Danilo Petrucci recorded constant progress over the three days of activity. Michele Pirro, meanwhile, carried out intensive work on the software of the GP14.2 collecting important data that may be useful for the development of the bike.

Forced to miss the test due to a shoulder injury, Yonny Hernandez is recovering on schedule and he will be on track in the second testing session at Sepang in late February.

Petrucci went out on track on Friday morning trying to set his quickest lap time with soft tyres and he managed to further improve by one second the time set on Thursday, registering a 2’00'.970s that earned him 13th position, less than half a second from the top ten.

Petrucci said, “I need to understand better the bike, by studying the data: I'm strong under braking, then I lose a bit of speed into the corner when the bike starts to slide. This happens because I'm not used to the power of Ducati yet. That's why I open the throttle too early in corner exit getting in trouble often. I need a lot of mileage to be notched up before I'll be able to ride smoothly. Anyway I go back to Italy very satisfied, as I'm very happy to be here at Pramac Racing.”

It was also a busy day for Ducati's test rider Michele Pirro who managed to complete 56 laps. Pirro stated, “I'm satisfied with the work done in these days on the electronics of the bike. We brought home a lot of information and that was our main goal. I'm not that happy with the time over one lap because I set a quick lap time with a used tyre and I couldn’t improve as much as I wanted on the new one. But it has been definitely more important testing the software. That's why I thank the team, as they have all worked hard.”