Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving is reportedly being investigated by police for domestic violence, according to the Dallas Morning News.

An officer with the Frisco (Texas) Police Department told the paper a woman identifying herself as Irving's girlfriend called twice Sunday afternoon and evening to complain about Irving's actions. According to the News, Irving faces charges of assault with bodily injury, assault by impeding breath and unlawful restraint.

Earlier in the day, Irving posted a message on his Facebook account saying his Twitter account had been hacked. Irving noted "excuse the posts . my ex hacked me because I kicked her out for cheating ... Again lol." That message followed a number of tweets from his Twitter account that accused Irving of drug use and being a liar and a "monster."

Irving countered that the same woman had made accusations against him while he was at Iowa State.

"She did this exact same thing at Iowa State. I call the cops , but being dark , and we'll huge , I'm always the one who's in trouble," Irving posted. "She's a MmA fighter , bad attitude , and she uses my position against me."