The Perth Wildcats have completed their 2018 roster by signing American combo guard Terrico White, and the experienced star has declared he is coming to Australia to win a championship.

White today joined Bryce Cotton as the club’s two imports for next season, which kicks off against the Adelaide 36ers on October 11.

The 28-year-old has extensive international experience having played in America, Russia, Turkey, Serbia and Korea. He won the Korean Basketball League championship MVP earlier in the year after averaging 25 points, five rebounds and six assists during the six-game series.

White was drafted by the Detroit Pistons in 2010 before injury struck and impacted his chances of living out his NBA dream.

Speaking from America, White said winning a title in Korea had him hungry for more team success and that was a key factor in his decision to sign with the Wildcats.

“Winning is my main thing,” White said.

“I just try to show people that I’m going to come in and do my job to help teams to win. I try to be the best I can be.

“Korea was my first professional championship but I have had some deep play-off runs in other countries too. The Wildcats told me about their history of going to the play-offs and winning championships.

“Winning is what I want to do. That really sealed the deal.”

At 196cm and 97kg, White’s athletic play saw him rise to prominence after winning slam dunk contests earlier in his career. But his ability to shoot from deep gave him an extra edge.

Wildcats coach Trevor Gleeson said White had immense talent.

“He shoots the ball exceptionally well from the three-point line, he’s great in the pick and roll and he’s athletic in transition,” Gleeson said.

“He does all the things that we need to take that extra step from last year from being a play-off team to a championship team.”

“He’ll give us a two-pronged attack with Bryce and Terrico on the perimeter to open things up a lot more. Having a guy who shoots at 40 per cent from the three is going to stretch defences.

“We knew what we wanted and what we needed for the team. Terrico ticks those boxes.”