NEW ORLEANS -- Pelicans star Anthony Davis was not available for the second half of Thursday's 131-122 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder because of a left shoulder injury, the team announced.

Davis was injured when he crashed into Oklahoma City's Nerlens Noel in the final second of the first half, committing a foul while trying to block Noel's shot. He did not return to the bench after halftime and left Smoothie King Center during the game to get an MRI.

The Pelicans hope to have more information Friday.

Afterward, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry praised his players for pulling out the win amid a tumultuous past couple of weeks since Davis requested a trade.

"I'm happy for all of them," Gentry said. "Because to tell you the truth, this whole thing has been a dumpster fire. ... We want guys to be professional and we want them to do this, but it's hard for guys to go through what they've been through. And to be able to come out and beat a team of that quality, I'm happy for all the guys. I just thought they did a great job."

Asked if it bothered him that Davis left the building, Gentry repeated that he was "happy for the guys that played the game and we won."

"I'm gonna talk about the guys that play," Gentry said. "They did a great job. We found a way to win the game. That's what's important."

Davis was selected for the All-Star Game for the sixth straight season, but Thursday's injury puts his status for the game in doubt.

Davis finished with 14 points and four rebounds Thursday. He was coming off three-point, six-rebound performance in a home blowout loss to the Orlando Magic.