Bangladesh T20 captain stressed the focus is on cricket and not security concerns. © BCB

Mahmudullah, the Bangladesh skipper, brushed aside the scrutiny over his side's security in Pakistan and said that they are satisfied with the measures in place and are more focussed on their cricket.

"We have not seen any such thing [security measures like this before] and at the moment we are really enjoying it," said Mahmudullah a day ahead of the three-match T20I series opener. "From a security point of view, Pakistan is providing us with the best possible security and we are totally happy with the security measures in place. I think probably we left it [concern over security] when we boarded the plane, we are just thinking about playing good cricket in Pakistan. It's good to be back here and we are looking forward to a good show."

With Shakib Al Hasan missing out on the tour due to his ICC ban, and the unavailability of Mushfiqur Rahim who pulled out due to personal reasons, Bangladesh in all likelihood will have to shuffle their batting order, which could see Mahmudullah promote himself up the order. The skipper said that he was happy to bat at the top of the order, but said he would need to discuss it with the team management before making a final call.

"It depends on the management [whether I will bat up in the order] we need to sit together and if I get the opportunity to bat at the top order I will be happy," said Mahmudullah. "But it's more important to contribute for the team and I think probably everybody is thinking the same way.

"I think they've been playing BPL and domestic cricket for a while so they have good experience. It's an opportunity for the youngsters to put the hands up and perform really well in this international arena and I think they are quite up for it. Tamim is there, Mustafizur is there, Rubel Hossain has been playing for a while, Al-Amin is performing for a while, Shafiul is there, it's a mix of youth and experienced players. We need to think about our games individually and team-wise so that we can perform really well."

Mahmudullah also said that Bangladesh were looking forward to the challenge of beating Pakistan in their own backyard, even though they are the ninth-ranked team in the world, while the hosts are the No.1 ranked side.

"If you think about those ratings probably it might affect your game so we're not thinking about those things. We know that Pakistan is a very good strong team and they've been very consistent in T20 format, so we can see in the rankings as well, but having said that if you see our T20 performance graph it's been going good for the last few series. I cannot say whether we are favorites or not as we are playing in Pakistan after a while but we are confident to put up a good show and hopeful that we can clinch the series," he said.

This is Bangladesh's first tour to Pakistan in 12 years, which was finalised after quite a lot of haggling over security concerns, having last played a five-match one-day series and an Asia Cup - both in 2008. After completing the first phase of T20Is, Bangladesh will return home, returning to Pakistan to play the first of two Tests in Rawalpindi, starting on February 7. In their final instalment of the tour to the country, Bangladesh will play the lone ODI on April 3 and the second and final Test, starting on April 5 in Karachi.