Australia spearheads Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins will have one final hit-out today in Canberra before a likely return in national colours next month.

Hazlewood and Cummins will line up for ACT/NSW Country in a four-day Toyota Futures League clash against Western Australia at Chisholm Oval.

The pair bowled 22 overs each for NSW Metro in the Futures League last week, with both bowlers declaring after the match they are feeling fit and ready for the rigours of international cricket.

But with more than two weeks between the end of that match for NSW Metro and the first Gillette Series ODI against South Africa in Perth on November 4, Cricket Australia opted to give them another game to prepare for the Proteas.

As Futures League games do not hold first-class status, the bowling workload of the duo can be managed, as they were in last week's match in Blacktown.

It allows CA to meticulously plan the path back to the national team after both quicks suffered back injuries in the winter.

Cummins claimed match figures of 3-63 in his first Futures League appearance and walked away feeling ripe for a return to green and gold.

"We (he and Hazlewood) bowled five or six different spells and spent a lot of time in the field and felt like we were pretty much up to 100 per cent," Cummins told cricket.com.au last week.

"The body felt great so they were the main things. We got out of it exactly what we wanted.

"Now I've played a few (games) I feel absolutely fine and that's the best sign your body is ready to start playing some more cricket.

"My rhythm felt really good and I'm really happy with how it all came together.

"I bowled a couple of quick overs and feel like I'm totally ready to start getting fully back into everything."

NSW Metro and ACT/NSW Country Futures League teams are populated by players from city and country regions respectively, but for special cases, the likes of Hazlewood (country) and Cummins (city) can be parachuted into either team.

The match is underway with ACT/NSW Country winning the toss and electing to bat. Follow the match here.