The 16-year-old is eager to face his Real Madrid colleague on international duty

Real Madrid starlet Martin Odegaard has hailed team-mate Luka Modric as "one of the best" midfielders in the world.

The 16-year-old joined Madrid from Stromsgodset in January and has already featured several times for the club's reserve team.

A full international for Norway, Odegaard is part of the selection for Saturday's European Championship qualifying clash with Croatia, in which he could come up against his club mate.

And the starlet is full of praise for the 29-year-old, insisting there are few better players around.

"He is one of the best. He can cope with great pressure and passes the ball at the right moment," he told TV2 Sport.

"He picks up rivals and helps create space for team-mates, and he is particularly good with the ball."

Meanwhile, he hopes that he might get the opportunity to add to his tally of three caps.

"I will do my best in training and we'll see, maybe I will be ready to get into the game," he said.

The teenager added that he is fitting in well at Madrid.

"It's going well with everyone, I'm good," he explained. "I talk mostly with the players who speak English, because I can't speak Spanish. They explain to me what to do and what not to do, simple things."