There's a new set of Blues brothers in Australian cricket after NSW today named Mickey and Jack Edwards in their squad for the JLT One-Day Cup.

Not since twins Steve and Mark Waugh last played together for NSW in March 2004 have siblings represented the Blues at domestic level.

Fast bowler Mickey, 23, made his state debut in the JLT Cup last summer and this season it looks like 18-year-old Jack, an opening batsman and right-arm quick, will follow in his brother's footsteps.

NSW has a rich history of famous cricketing siblings; the Edwards boys could join the Benauds (Richie and John), the Lees (Shane and Brett), the Bannermans (Charles and Alec), the Gregorys (Dave and Ned) and the Blackwells (Alex and Kate) in pulling on the Blues colours together.

Jack concedes the iconic Waugh twins, arguably the most talented cricketing brothers ever, will be a "tough act to follow" but it’s a challenge he and Mickey are keen to embrace.

"We'd love to do half as much as they did for NSW and Australian cricket," he told told cricket.com.au.

"I'm sure there will be a lot of interest around the brothers playing together but we love it. We love the game and just want to go out there and have a good time and try and win games."

While they're not twins, the pair share a connection as if they’d been by each other's side since day one.

"I said to him the other day I find it really hard being in the same team with him because if he gets hit for four I just feel bad, and he said the exact same thing to me," Jack said.

"I guess that's a little challenge we're going to have to overcome being so close and invested in each other."

Now the pair can't wait to walk out together for NSW, with the side to play their first game against Western Australia at the WACA Ground on September 18.

"It would be so cool," Edwards said. "We've spoken about it a couple of times how fun it would be.

"Even in the trial games, we were out there having a lot of fun. He keeps things nice and light for me if I'm getting frustrated.

"It's just like being in the backyard and it's great to have one of my best mates out on the field for me."