Don't expect Melbourne to put a muzzle on returning centre Will Chambers for their NRL preliminary final against Cronulla, with the Storm backing him to get under the skin of the Sharks.

The scene is set for a battle at AAMI Park on Friday night when the teams square off for a spot in the grand final.

Chambers will return from a three-game suspension to renew hostilities with Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen, who is set to play despite a shoulder issue.

There's no love lost between the pair with the Storm centre banned for two games for a high shot on Gallen during their round-four meeting, while he called the former NSW skipper a drug cheat as they exchanged barbs in a 2017 clash.

Melbourne teammate Cameron Munster said they didn't want Chambers to change his fiery ways.

"There's always going to be a bit of media about Gallen and Chambers but they're both winners and both competitors," the Storm five-eighth said on Monday.

"Chambers loves a bit of a spray with some of the players and getting under people's skin and it's the same with Gallen.

"They want to get each other off their game because, if they're both playing well, they're both really good players and I guess it will be no different on Friday night."

Forced to sit on the sidelines as the Storm progressed through to week three of the finals, Chambers was itching to get back into action, according to Munster.

The playmaker said Melbourne needed the Queensland and Test centre's quality.

"Will brings experience and a lot of attacking ability and is probably one of the best defensive centres in the competition," Munster said.

"When Will is on, Will's on and whatever he does, he's one of the best players in the position and he's raring to go for a big game."

As well as Chambers the only other change to the line-up, which overcame South Sydney in the qualifying final, is the return from injury of prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Munster said he was looking forward to the giant Kiwi taking out his frustration on the Sharks rather than his teammates.

"He's hard to handle at training and I hate tackling him, and I'm sure the Sharks will as well," he said.

"He's going to be a great weapon and I can't wait to watch him skittle some blokes."