Lamar Jackson wanted every single reporter listening in Indianapolis to know this Friday: he is a quarterback.

"Whoever likes me at quarterback that's where I'm going," he told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine. "That's strictly my position."

When asked if he would try out wide receiver if a team asked him to do so he was succinct. "No sir, I'm a quarterback."

The questions about Jackson possibly taking some reps at wide receiver stem from a report Friday from NFL Media saying multiple teams are interested in seeing the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner split out wide.

Jackson said he had not been asked by any team to work out as a split end. He also dispelled the notion he could be used as a type of single-wing quarterback who focused mainly on running and came out of the game on passing plays.

“No Wildcat for me,” he said. “This isn’t the Dolphins with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.”

Jackson finished his college career with 9,043 passing yards and 69 touchdown passes, but it is his ability to run as a quarterback that truly makes him special.

The 6-2 signal-caller ran for 4,132 yards and 50 touchdowns in his career with the Cardinals.

It's understandable why teams would want to see what his athleticism could do as a wide out, but it's too soon to give up on him as a quarterback according to Chiefs head coach Andy Reid.

"I think you probably want to try it there (at quarterback) and see," Reid told reporters Wednesday. "He's pretty good. I would."