Neymar boasts “unique potential” and is capable of writing an exciting chapter in Paris Saint-Germain’s history, claims Nene.

The Brazilian forward is operating under the brightest of spotlights following a record-breaking €222 million transfer to PSG from Barcelona.

He is, however, being backed to thrive under that pressure, with his early exploits in France suggesting that he will prove to be a shrewd investment.

Nene believes his fellow countryman will deliver on the faith shown in him, with there plenty still to come from a 25-year-old talent expected to collect many more collective and individual titles over the coming years.

"It's great to see a player like him here in Paris,” former PSG star Nene told the club’s official website.
“In addition to being a great footballer, he's also an incredible person. We're very good friends him and I.

“He's a man with heart, a great competitor. He wants to play every game, do his best each time, we're similar in that way.

“He's a player of unique potential. I'm really happy for him that he's here to exploit that potential, and I hope he'll mark the history of the club too."

Neymar is the latest in a long line of Brazilians to have made their way to Parc des Princes, with the likes of Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves and Lucas Moura also on the club’s books.

Nene is another to have earned cult hero status in the French capital in years gone by, while Ronaldinho’s efforts for PSG earned him a high-profile switch to Barcelona.
"I'm proud to be part of this love story between Paris and Brazil,” added Nene.
“It's like a marriage, an alliance between the two.

“The two countries are very different, the people, the relationships between people. But the fans here, especially in Paris, like good football and a show. They're fans who love and know football. And we Brazilians like to put on a show. I think we're made for each other."

Neymar has contributed 15 goals to that “show” so far this season, while also providing nine assists across Ligue 1 and Champions League competition.
Those efforts have helped PSG to the top of their domestic standings and safely through to the last-16 in Europe