PHOENIX Suns have officially crowned Arizona’s Deandre Ayton as this year’s No.1 pick in the 2018 NBA draft but Aussie hopes were dashed as no local products were selected.

The likes of Melbourne’s Deng Adel, Geelong’s Jock Landale, and Ballarat’s Xavier Cooks will have to find another avenue to the world’s best league as the Suns, who held pick one for the first time in its history, did not surprise by selecting Ayton with the first selection.

“I’m going to let my work ethic speak first,” the 19-year-old said.

“I’m the No.1 pick but that doesn’t mean anything once you’re on the floor you have to show certain respect for the guys who came before you and you want to learn from them and listen to what they have to say on how the game works, the tricks and trades.”

The Suns took Ayton and then added Villanova swingman Mikal Bridges in a trade with the Philadelphia 76ers.

With pick No.2 Sacramento Kings selected Duke power forward Marvin Bagley III.

The first big trade of the night occurred at pick No.3 after Atlanta selected Slovenian guard Luke Doncic.

The Hawks sent Doncic to Dallas for pick No.5 Trae Young and a 2019 first-round pick.

The 19-year-old, who won just about every title and individual award in Europe, is excited about learning under the tutelage of legendary German Dirk Nowitzki.

Memphis No.4 draft pick Jaren Jackson Jr had a political message, his suit jacket sporting a ‘Rock The Vote’ message, encouraging young people all over the world to vote in elections.

While Orlando’s No.6 pick Mo Bamba — who sports a ridiculous 239cm wingspan (Aaron Sandilands, the AFL’s tallest player is 211cm) — can’t wait to play against LeBron James, Cleveland’s No.8 pick Collin Sexton just wants him to stay.

“Let’s do it … let’s get back to the finals,” he said.

“LeBron, let’s make history, you fell short last year, but let’s do it.

“Honestly I feel like I can learn a whole lot … with LeBron and also I think I can come in and have an impact and help him win and take a little bit of the load off his back.”

New York Knicks fans sensationally booed their team’s top pick, No.9 Kevin Knox.

In shades of 2015 when Knicks fans booed the selection of now-star Kristaps Porzingis, fans didn’t hold back their thoughts of their new small forward.

But Knox is taking it all in his stride.

“I’m using it as motivation,” he said of the booing.

“I’m ready to work. I’m ready to get to the organisation and try to earn respect.”

Knox says the Knicks are getting a player who is capable of doing it all.

“You’re getting an all-round type of player,” he told ESPN. “I’m a versatile player too so they can use me around the floor and I’m really looking forward to it.

“He (coach David Fizdale) loves players like me, players that really can do pretty much do everything, so I’m really looking forward to it.

“I’m just going to keep getting better. I’m only 18 and I’ve still got a lot to learn so I was just want to play from a great coach, learn from Porzingis, learn from some veteran guys and keep getting better.”

Philadelphia 76ers were slammed on the night for ruining the fell-good story of the draft after trading No.10 pick Mikal Bridges to Phoenix.

Bridges’ mother works at the 76ers and as they celebrated live on TVs around the world and as the Villanova star conducted a press conference as a 76ers player, it all turned.

Bridges was traded to the Suns for No.16 pick Zhaire Smith and a 2021 first-round pick (connected to Miami Heat).