Warriors coach Steve Kerr has escaped punishment by the NBA even though he criticized the league’s officiating in a since-deleted tweet, ESPN.com reports.

Replying to a tweet from the NBA’s official account Thursday night that praised James Harden for “putting on a show,” Kerr suggested the Rockets guard should have been called for a travel before a made 3-pointer.

"It's an embarrassment. I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that," Kerr’s reply said.
Luckily for the rest of us, there’s a screen grab (there always is).

@world_Wide_Wob Steve Kerr just deleted this tweet, but he’s referencing that the refs aren’t calling travels on Harden’s stepbacks.

pic.twitter.com/dC1TZTWeHG
— 🅱️aully T. (@Paultafoy) February 2, 2018
Kerr swears he thought he was sending a DM – an excuse we’ve heard ad nauseum from sports figures who post regrettable tweets. He went a step further, blaming his new iPhone X for his thoughts about the league’s officiating being shared with the entire Twitterverse.
"I thought it was a direct message," Kerr said. "My new iPhone is killing me."

Steve Kerr on his tweet referencing James Harden. He said it was meant to be a DM. pic.twitter.com/odcZsOsowx
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 2, 2018
"A friend DM'd me and said what do you think about this clip, and I responded to him," Kerr continued. "I hit send, and I was like, 'Oh no.' I went right over to [assistant coach] Chris DeMarco because I have no idea how to delete a tweet.”
So which is it, Coach, your new phone or your lack of tweeting expertise?

“I rarely even send a tweet, let alone delete one, so I gave it to DeMarco,” Kerr said. “He deletes it after maybe 30 seconds, and I go, 'What do you think? Am I going to get away with it?' And he goes, 'Hell no.'”

As far as the NBA’s disciplinarians go, he is getting away with it, as the league appears to be buying his story. A source told ESPN that since Kerr's message was intended to be private, the league does not believe a fine is warranted