The champions were sunk by Glenn Murray's solitary goal and now lie in 14th place, and while the boss is not thinking about the drop a top-four finish is looking unlikely

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has dismissed talk that his side could be relegated despite slipping to another surprise defeat against Bournemouth.

Glenn Murray's winner for the Cherries leaves the Premier League champions sitting just three points above the relegation zone in 14th place after 15 games. And Mourinho insists his side will climb out of trouble, though their chances of finishing in the top four are diminishing. "I am concerned, obviously. I was concerned before this game because I am not happy about our position. You can imagine now after this result at home," he told Sky Sports.

"Obviously Chelsea will not be fighting for relegation – no chance. Chelsea will win matches and come out of that area. That’s not the point and not the problem. The problem is our objective is to finish top four.

"Before this game I think this was fair to feel with our quality and getting three or four matches in a row, which we can do any time, can push us up to the kind of position I was expecting to be at the end of December. This defeat has not put us in a dangerous postion, but our objective is not to fight relegation.

"Our objective is to fight for the top four, and maybe now we have to think about fighting for the top six."

Asked about the clash, Mourinho was encouraged by an improvement after the interval and was unimpressed by the officiating once again.

Source: Goal.com