The Portuguese is content with the squad he has assembled at Stamford Bridge, having splashed the cash this summer, and is confident he can build a dynasty in west London

Jose Mourinho has warned his title rivals that Chelsea can dominate the Premier League for the next decade.

The Blues have acted swiftly and decisively in the summer transfer window, recruiting Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Didier Drogba for nearly €90 million ahead of the new season, leading Mourinho to claim that he is finally content with the personnel at his disposal.

And, having repeatedly written off his “little horses” in 2013-14, he has now insisted that he can build a dynasty at Stamford Bridge, given the potential in his squad.

“We have the squad that we want to have,’ he told reporters. “It is a squad for tomorrow, for next season and also a squad with big possibilities for the next five or 10 years with so many young people.

"So, I like my squad very much. There is no manager in the world that has the perfect squad. No manager that says 'My squad is perfect' or couldn't improve in certain positions.

"The only thing I can say is that I like very much the squad. The club was fantastic because it gave me the three targets I was asking, in the left-back, a midfield player and a striker.

"In fact, it gave me two strikers because Didier is also back. So we have the squad that we want to have, we don't say it's perfect, we don't say it's the best, we say we like very much our squad."

Chelsea finished third in 2013-14 and kick off the new season with a trip to newly-promoted Burnley on Monday.