The 22-year-old scored the winner on his first competitive start for Spain but was disappointed in his performance and feels he should have netted another

Alvaro Morata was not in the mood to revel in his first Spain goal, which secured a 1-0 win over Ukraine, as he admitted that he was disappointed in his overall performance.

The attacker struck the only blow of the Euro 2016 qualifier in his first competitive start for his country with a scoop over goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov in the 28th minute after holding off a defender.

Morata, though, was not too upbeat because he believes he should have done better.

"Well, I want to keep playing games. But it was not my best game," he told reporters. "I think it could have been better. I'm happy because we won, but I have to work.

"I can be even better. I am not that self-critical, I'm just realistic. I could have scored two goals."

The Juventus forward admitted that it was a tough game for his side, who stayed in the lead thanks to some fine saves from Iker Casillas.

"It was very tough and very physical. You have to play these games and win, which many think is easy, but what matters are the points."

The striker has the No.7 jersey, which was once worn by legendary Roja attacker Raul, but he feels no extra pressure in it.

"It's just another number. It doesn't matter. The important thing is to be here."

Victory for Spain has carried them clear in second place in Group C with 12 points, though they continue to trail Slovakia, who have a perfect record through five matches, including a 2-1 win over the reigning champions.