Latrell Mitchell can't guarantee he'll spare good friend Joseph Manu from a verbal onslaught when the Roosters centre pairing go head-to-head in the trans-Tasman Test.

One of the highlights of Saturday's clash in Auckland will be the meeting of dynamic Kangaroos firebrand Mitchell and rising Kiwis star Manu, who played key roles in the Roosters' premiership.

Both are making their international debut in what will test the bonds of friendship forged through the junior ranks of the Sydney club.

Kangaroos fullback James Tedesco can't wait to see his club mates lock horns, believing two of rugby league's brightest talents bring with them contrasting styles.

Quietly-spoken Manu has been a kingpin on defence throughout 2018 while Mitchell's attack was virtually peerless, along with his ability to impose himself mentally on opponents through verbal and extra-physical means.

A prime example was his dominance over accomplished Melbourne Storm opposite Will Chambers in the grand final and during the State of Origin series.

"I don't think Latrell will be carrying on too much against Joey because Joey's too nice but we'll see how they go," Tedesco said.

However, 21-year-old Mitchell wasn't so sure he will contain himself, especially given how much it means to wear green and gold for the first time.

"I don't want to say too much. I don't like to talk about how it will be at the weekend," he said.

"I'm competitive, he's going to be competitive. Aggression just comes out. People take it as being grubby or what-not but it's just how I play.

"I just want to beat my opponent at the other end."

Mitchell said texts have been exchanged but he wasn't keen to show too much "respect".

There will be few secrets between the pair given they've trained against each other for so long.

"We've pretty much shown each other all year what we can do.

"It's an awesome achievement for both of us and I'm really honoured and keen to go up against a good mate."