MITCHELL Johnson is sick of seeing batsmen hog all the air time and is now out to attack cricket commentary with all guns blazing.

The fast bowling icon only decided to retire from all formats of the game last month, and is now determined to redirect all his energy into a broadcasting career as an expert analysis.

Johnson is the latest big-name signing for Fox Cricket and will launch his career next Tuesday when the channel launches with NSW’s one-day cup clash against Western Australia in Perth.

A straight-shooter even during his international career, Johnson is set to provide a unique edge to the Fox team as a star fresh from the dressing room and someone with intimate knowledge of Australia’s fast bowling cartel of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins.

Although Fox also have Shane Warne and Brett Lee on board, commentary has largely been the domain of the batsman, and Johnson is out to balance the ledger.

“I’m sick of hearing the batters talk. They talk rubbish, we’ve got to mix it up,” said Johnson.

“I’m really open to trying new things and seeing where it leads me. I have done bits and pieces in the past but this is now part of my life.

“Once I made the decision to stop playing cricket it hit me almost like one of those light bulb moments and it’s not as scary as I thought it might be.

“I’m going into this next phase of my life thinking, I gave 100 per cent to my cricket, now I’ve got to take that into (my commentary).”

Johnson said he knows how Australia’s fast bowlers tick.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to give a bit of insight into how they operate and how they think,” he said.