A MotoGP™ rookie in 2015, Jack Miller is in Valencia this week during the Moto2™ and Moto3™ test.

The Australian rider, who was the 2014 Moto3 World Championship runner-up, has joined the CWM LCR Honda team for the forthcoming premier class campaign. However, he is still well in touch with his former rivals and colleagues in the smaller classes and has taken the opportunity to join them as they test at Valencia this week.

Miller is based in Spain and having jetted back from Malaysia after the Sepang 1 test he has headed for the Ricardo Tormo Circuit to keep an eye on how the Moto2 and Moto3 riders are progressing.

He explained, “I’m back in Europe with my trainer and preparing for the next test in Sepang and of course for Qatar. I’m based in Tarragona so its only two hours away (from Valencia) for me. I found it necessary, I can come do a little bit of training here on the track, come and visit for a couple of days and help out the boys a little bit. I have to sort of stay in the middle a bit. I have some old ties with the KTM team but working for Honda now I have to stay a bit more neutral!”

Having moved from riding the KTM Moto3 bike last year to a Honda RC213V-RS bike in MotoGP this year, Miller is enjoying every moment of his current adventures. “It’s awesome, it’s another step and I’m having a lot of fun,” he noted.

“We still have a lot to do but we are working hard, myself and the team, and looking forward to Qatar. It’s going to be a hard year, we’re hopefully going to learn a lot. Take each race as it comes and try to stay on the bike as much as possible.”