SOCCEROOS captain Mile Jedinak is adamant the cash crisis that has gripped his club won’t distract him from his leadership of the Australian team at the World Cup.

Less than two weeks after Aston Villa lost the Championship playoff final at Wembley to miss out on a return to the EPL, Jedinak’s club was threatened with administration this week amid a worsening cashflow crisis.

Villa were forced to issue a statement revealing it had reached an agreement with the British tax authorities to avoid it becoming insolvent, after reports that the club would struggle even to pay its players.

The club’s owner, Chinese businessman Tony Xia, is reported to have secured loan funding to pay the immediate running costs — though how long that will last remains to be seen.

But speaking in Budapest, ahead of Australia’s friendly with Hungary, Jedinak said he only had thoughts for the World Cup mission ahead, with the Socceroos to face France in their opening game on June 16.

Reported to be one of Villa’s highest earners, his future at the club could be in doubt.

“I couldn’t be further away from that at the moment,” Jedinak said.

“Obviously things are going to happen that are out of your control.

“But since I’ve come into camp it’s a case of putting it to one side, apart from you guys asking me the questions.

“We’re focused on what we have to do here. There’s been a lot of information given, a lot of new things that we’re learning as a group.

“You have to be 100 per cent committed to it and 100 per cent focused on it, and I’ve maintained that throughout.

“I will continue to do so right up until we go to Russia and beyond.”