Who would you guard?

It is the biggest question bugging NBL rivals having to scout Melbourne United this season.

Stop Casper Ware and DJ Kennedy will get you.

If not him, then Chris Goulding or Mitch McCarron.

Just when you think United’s go-to men might be contained, then David Barlow and Josh Boone step up.

Boone topscored on Friday night in New Zealand to help sink the Breakers in a high-scoring affair, 108-101.

It was not United’s style, as such, but yet again, the NBL champions which seems to relish the grind, just found a way to bank the win.

After 10 games, the question must be asked: Has United done it again and assembled the NBL’s best and most balanced roster?

Losing the championship-winning cohort of Tai Wesley, Dave Andersen, Kyle Adnam and Majok Majok was meant to be bring United back to the pack.

But a targeted off-season recruitment drive has balanced the books with McCarron, Kennedy and Alex Pledger having already proven to be invaluable additions.

Kennedy grew up playing American football — his first love — in Pittsburgh, before making the switch to basketball.

It was there he picked up the nickname “Big Play” from a junior coach, which he held dear enough to get the words tattooed on his neck.

Kennedy might bleed confidence but the athletic wing is the ultimate team-first guy, averaging 14.8 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.7 steals across per game, across nine appearances.

“I came here to prove to people who I am and (to win),” Kennedy said.

“Whatever I can do to help the team win, and I’m sure my moments will come when I have to play big or do a little more.

“I’ve just got to be ready for that and happy for the situation that we’re in, that we have so many guys (able to make the big plays) … and don’t have to depend (on me) to do everything.”