MELBOURNE Boomers young gun Monique Conti says the WNBL grand finalists can plug a “big hole” left by Australian WNBA star Liz Cambage.

The Boomers will look to adopt a faster and more exciting brand of basketball, when the 2018-19 campaign tips off in mid-October, to offset the loss of Cambage, who returned to Dallas Wings at the end of last season.

Cambage powered the Boomers to the WNBL decider, putting up big numbers and dominating both ends of the floor.

“It’s obviously going to be a big hole to fill because she was a 6’8’’ (203cm) player and a very good one as well,” dual-code star Conti told the Herald Sun.

“Liz was great for our team and helped us get as far as we did.

“I think we’ll be a whole new team (this season) with a different style, which I think is going to be very exciting to see … hopefully it will be enough to fill that gap.

“It’s going to be a fast team so it will be good to be a part of that defensively and offensively.”

The Boomers have built an irresistible roster, blending youth and experience with Jenna O’Hea and Cayla George spearheading a group that includes Ezi Magbegor, widely tipped to be the next big thing in Australian basketball, and Conti.

Conti has barely stopped since the WNBL grand final.

Just days after the gut-wrenching loss to juggernaut Townsville, the 18-year-old joined Western Bulldogs for her rookie AFLW season, culminating in a premiership and best on ground honours.

Conti returned to basketball at the end of the AFLW season, representing Melbourne Tigers in the SEABL.

She will re-join the Bulldogs for the upcoming VFLW season before another Boomers and AFLW Bulldogs campaign.

“I’m not really sure what time off means,” Conti laughed when asked about having a break between seasons.

“I haven’t had that much of a break, I’m sure I’ll find a couple of weeks here and there to rest the body and recharge.”

Basketball Australia will today unveil a landmark deal for women’s basketball with Chemist Warehouse signing a three-year naming rights partnership for the WNBL and Australian Opals