Australia’s new master sledger Tim Paine was at it again late on day three of the Boxing Day Test.

This time he had India’s cheeky wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant firmly in his sights.

Pant hasn’t been short of a few choice words or two from behind the stumps this series, and Paine was sure to give him a taste of his own medicine in the middle of an Indian collapse.

As Nathan Lyon bowled the 26th over of India’s second innings, Paine fired up and begun getting into a jovial chat to Pant.

Not only did Paine suggest Pant could head down to the Hobart Hurricanes to play in the Big Bash League after the Test series, he also asked whether he was capable to looking after his kids if he headed to the movies with his wife.

Paine was caught on the stump microphones engaging with India’s No. 6 Rohit Sharma on day one, declaring he was “changing to Mumbai” if Sharma decided to hit Lyon for six over his head.

FULL TRANSCRIPT

Tim Paine: “It actually s***s me Finchy, I come out and batted my arse off and then this bloke comes out and bats with a door snake. He does what he wants, he hits everything in the middle and makes it look easy, hits sixes and fours for fun.”

(Lyon bowls ball)

Tim Paine: “Tell you what, big MS (Dhoni) is back in the one day squad too, we might get him down to the (Hobart) Hurricanes this bloke, we need a batter.”

Aaron Finch: “I don’t think he’d block it.“

(Lyon bowls ball)

Tim Paine: “Fancy that Pant, extend your little Aussie holiday. Beautiful town Hobart too. Get you a nice apartment on the water front.”

(Lyon bowls ball)

Tim Paine: “Have him over for dinner. Can you babysit? (Can I) take the wife to the movies one night, you can look after the kids?”

(Lyon bowls ball)