Mauricio Pochettino believes there would be no advantage in Tottenham deciding to spend the rest of the season at Wembley, even though he admits the move to their new stadium could now be delayed until February.

While Spurs are currently aiming to return home in January, they have secured the use of the national arena until the end of the campaign as a contingency. The uncertainty could be ended if the north Londoners opted to remain at Wembley until May, while it would also remove the difficulty of switching venues at an important stage of the season.

But Pochettino said: "It's not in our mind. I'm not worried that [the move will affect our form].

"When the stadium is ready we're going to move, unless the chairman changes the idea. But my idea is to move as soon as possible. If we can move tomorrow then tomorrow, but I know that [will be difficult].

"I think we're going to know better in January or at the end of the year, in December. I hope if it's not January then it's February.

"Yesterday I was there and it's so close. I think the bowl is ready and there are a few things that need to be sorted, and we hope that the people who need to sign the permission will be nice and [sign] as soon as possible."