Matthew Stafford is weighing in on his team's coaching changes.

The Lions quarterback on Monday expressed his confidence in offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter and said he is hoping Detroit will maintain continuity on offense after coach Jim Caldwell and offensive line coach Ron Prince were fired.

"Jim Bob and I have a great relationship and ever since he’s had the opportunity to take the reins, this offense has moved in the right direction in my opinion," Stafford said, via the Detroit Free Press. "I feel like I’m playing some of the best football of my career, so I would love to have the opportunity to keep working with him. He’s been good for us and good for me."

Stafford has completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 73 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in 41 games since Cooter was promoted to offensive coordinator during the 2015 season after initially joining the staff in 2014. Prior to Cooter taking over, Stafford had completed 60.1 percent of his passes.

"I think continuity is important in this league to a certain extent and I voiced my opinions earlier just a second ago on our guys on the offensive staff," Stafford said. "I think they do a good job, I think our offense is going in the right direction, I think our team is close so we’ll see what happens."

Despite his dismissal, Stafford praised Caldwell for his success after four years with the team in which he had just one losing season.

"He's been great," Stafford said. "He's as level-headed a guy as I've ever been around, understands the position of quarterback really well and was great for me and great for a lot of guys on offense just to bounce ideas off of, so I have a ton of respect for him. just the way he carried himself, the coached us, the way he treated everybody. He's a great guy and a great coach