ENGLAND’S Matt Wallace hailed the “best shot of my life” after making a hole-in- one during the third round of the US PGA Championship.

Playing alongside three-time major winner Jordan Spieth, Wallace holed out with a five iron from 232 yards on the 16th hole at Bellerive Country Club in a third round of 68.

“Best shot of my life probably,” the 28-year-old three-time European Tour winner said.

“In front of a few thousand people, in front of Jordan, my caddie Dave [McNeilly] as well — finally picked a good club for me!

“I flushed it right into my zone.

“We can’t see where it lands into the shade but when it landed the crowd started cheering and then it rolled in and they went mental and it kind of reverberated back to the tee and then I just went crazy.

“So, yeah, special day for me today.” A smiling Wallace celebrated as he walked up the fairway then dug the ball out of the hole, kissed it and tossed it into the crowd — signing it for the spectator who caught it.

“People will be like, oh, that’s a stupid move, but I threw it in and then I met the guy after that hole and I signed it for him and he said, ‘are you sure you don’t want it back?’” he said.

“And I said, ‘you keep that mate’. I keep the balls that I win with and they’re all on the mantelpiece, so that one will just live in my memory for being pretty cool out there.”

Wallace closed his round with two pars to card a 68 and be five under for the championship, in a tie for 21st.