Repsol Honda Team’s reigning World Champion Marc Marquez spoke to motogp.com at the opening of mechanical service centre Rodi Motor Services in a town on the outskirts of Barcelona, Mataro, about his attitude before races this year and mixing with the legends.

Going to Austin, Texas, the circuit where he took his first-ever MotoGP win, Marquez says he now has a more relaxed feeling before embarking on a GP: “Yes of course this year the difference is what I feel before going in some circuits is…the difference is quite big. Especially because after one year you have more experience, and of course after getting the title you get confidence. And when you go in some circuits, always last year you have some question marks, you ask always will I adapt well on that track, if it will be difficult or easy. But this year you already know from last year and you can have some idea. So for that reason I feel so much more comfortable – especially the days before going to the grand prix.”

Not long ago he was awarded the World Breakthrough Award at the Laureus World Sports Awards, where he got to mingle with the current and past sporting greats: “When I got the Laureus Award it was a great feeling, it was one of the most important things I got. Especially because when you go there you meet all the legends…and it’s very very nice to be there. And to get that award – the feeling was incredible.”

Two people present were MotoGP Legends Mick Doohan and Giacomo Agostini, whose records could be tough to beat for anyone. Though whilst many speculate Marquez could do it, he is not getting carried away by the hype: “When you speak with Doohan or Agostini or someone else, it’s incredible because they are legends from MotoGP, from the motorbike world. Sometimes you think “they did a very good career” – I will try to do the same, but it’s quite impossible. You’re mentality is to just win in 2014, next year we’ll see what the situation is, but you never think about the future.”