MARK Skaife is lining up as the next Mount Panorama immortal.

Supercars announced on Thursday that three V8 heroes will be inducted into the Bathurst 1000 Legends Lane on the Friday of this year’s race weekend.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Skaife — who won Bathurst six times during a remarkable Bathurst career that spanned 26 years — is leading the charge to join last year’s 14 inaugural hall of fame inductees, which included greats Peter Brock, Dick Johnson, Allan Moffat, Colin Bond and Jim Richards.

“It is an honour to be announcing three new inductees into Legends Lane,” Supercars boss Sean Seamer said at Thursday’s Bathurst 1000 launch.

“While much of its traditions are forged in touring cars, the mountain also has a history in many forms of motorsport, including bikes and other categories.

“In fact, there are many greats of the mountain who may not have raced a car or ridden a bike but played an equally important part in its history.”

Reigning Bathurst champion Dave Reynolds declared on Wednesday his bid to become a legend in his own right by winning back-to-back crowns at Mount Panorama.

“I would love nothing more than backing it up with another win,’’ Reynolds said.

“My dream came true last year when I won it – and now all I dream of is winning it again.

“There is no feeling like winning that race and I am determined to do it again. And I feel like I am in a very good position to make it happen.’’