Former Socceroos goalkeeper and Fox football expert Mark Bosnich says Sarpreet Singh is the best player in the A-League right now.

The 19-year-old has been lighting it up for Wellington Phoenix and put on an unbelievable display in the 4-1 thrashing of Brisbane Roar over the weekend.

Speaking on the A-League Hour, Bosnich and Robbie Slater were full of praise for the Kiwi sensation.

“I think he’s the best player in the A-League right now at this moment in time,” said former Socceroos keeper Bosnich

“Best player, right at this moment in time after this weekends games. I would have said Keisuke Honda if it was last week but after this week for me he’s absolutely number one. A joy to watch.

“I was a little bit baffled at the beginning of the season when Mark Rudan was sometimes playing him and sometimes not.

“Now he’s found the right role for him and that’s a managers job to make sure your best players get the time and space on the ball and Mark Rudan’s done that.

The midfielder is relishing in his free role under Rudan and his performances have attracted a lot of attention in recent weeks.

“I was keeping a very keen eye on this boy Singh, well he can make you sing,” said former Premier League winner Slater.

“He is the real deal. Some of the stuff he did, he made one rum from deep in his own half, probably made a wrong decision right at the end of it but the run, they rhythm, the balance, the speed.

“This kid looks like he’s got a big future and Wellington are going to have a job on their hands keeping hold of him.”