TYPE the name Tom Wright into YouTube.

You’ll see highlights from the last three seasons and they’re impressive.

Take note. The young fella could be Manly’s next five-eighth.

With Trent Barrett non-committal on bringing Jackson Hastings back into first grade, Wright could be the next in line.

By the same token, so could 107 kilo lock Jake Trbojevic.

He plays like a six.

A devastating ACL injury to Lachlan Croker has ended the No.6’s season which means the Sea Eagles are in desperate need of another half.

Perhaps the dire situation was best summed up by the coach following Saturday’s loss to Newcastle when he said; “if I don’t laugh, I’ll cry at the moment.”

So why not give Holden Cup graduate Wright a chance?

The former Rugby prodigy played in the centres for Blacktown in the ISP NSW on Saturday with Hastings and Joey Lussick running the show in the halves.

Physically similar to Trent Barrett, Wright can play fullback, centre or five-eighth but unlike Barrett, the 20-year-old has blistering speed.

In fact, he was one of the Workers’ best in a beaten outfit on Saturday.

He scored two tries, the first saw him burn Fa’amanu Brown with his speed before later getting on the board again in a 44-14 thrashing at the hands of Canterbury.

With Hastings in limbo following an altercation with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans which saw him banished to reserve grade, almost nothing is out of the question.

Barrett is running desperately low on halves but one thing you can say with certainty is he won’t be moving Api Korisau from his regular hooking role.

While Koroisau does have utility value and has played 12 NRL games at halfback or five-eighth, Barrett said he would not move him.

“I’d rather not mate, he’s our best hooker,” Barrett said when asked if Koroisau was an option to move into the No.6.

“He’s putting himself in contention to play for NSW.

“We’ll do whatever’s best for the side. Api will play wherever we want him to play.

“We’ve got a few options, not many, but we’ll be OK.”

Dylan Walker partnered Cherry-Evans in his first year at Manly but that experiment was considered a failure.

While Wright is a member of the Sea Eagles’ top 30, he could move another player and elevate a development player into their main squad.

The logical choice is to recall Hastings.

“We’ll consider that on Monday, I’m not going to sit here and make comments on that,” Barrett said of Hastings’ potential recall.

“I want to keep the headlines away from that, if I could and focus on the effort those players threw up.”