The Red Devils icon admits supporters are 'not used' to the current struggles, but is confident that success will be achieved within the next two seasons

Ryan Giggs is convinced that Manchester United will get ‘back to the top’ of English football, but admits the struggles endured since Sir Alex Ferguson departed have come as something of a shock.
The Red Devils bid farewell to their iconic manager as Premier League champions, but soon found themselves on a slippery slope.

David Moyes came and went inside 10 months, while Louis van Gaal returned the club to the Champions League and tasted FA Cup success, but was also ushered through the exits after only two years at the helm.
Jose Mourinho, as a proven winner of major honours, was drafted in to rekindle the spark at Old Trafford, but he has also found the going tough and has overseen the club’s worst start to a season since 1990-91.
Giggs concedes a humbling fall from grace has been tough to stomach, but the Welshman remains convinced that United will work their way back to the domestic summit inside the next 18 months.

He told Sport magazine: “There was always going to be a change, because of Sir Alex’s power, his influence in that successful period, and it was just how you combatted that.
“Now obviously David Moyes came in, Louis van Gaal came in, and now Mourinho’s come in – so I’m not surprised because the influence Sir Alex had on the team was so strong.

“When you go from champions to like, seventh and then fourth and fifth, it’s not what United fans are used to. But it’s about getting back to the top. Whether that’s this year or next year, I’m sure they’ll do it.
“Obviously the longer it goes, the more pressure is on the team.”

Giggs believes positive steps can still be taken this year, despite United sitting eight points adrift of the top four at present and 11 behind table-topping Chelsea.
He added: “I think it’s a really open league this year, and I don’t think they’re in a really bad position.

“It’s one of those seasons where people are just going to change their minds all the way through – at the moment Liverpool are on fire, at the start it was City, then it was Tottenham.
"It’s just a really close league. United would probably hope to be doing better, but they’re definitely not out of it.”