Andrea Belotti could snub a €100 million summer transfer to a Manchester United or Chelsea, says Torino president Urbano Cairo.

The Italy international has emerged as one of European football’s hottest properties on the back of a 27-goal campaign.

Premier League interest is reported to have been building steadily, with leading sides in England possessing the necessary financial muscle to get a deal done.

Torino, though, are reluctant to part with their prized asset and have vowed to reward Belotti if he opts to shun interest from afar and stay put.

“Will he remain at Torino next season? I honestly don’t know,” Cairo told Corriere dello Sport.

“Let’s just say that we were very clear with each other. When his agent asked me, obviously, for an increase in salary after last season’s excellent campaign and the stunning start to this one, I said fine, I’ll improve the contract, but at this point let’s add a release clause worth €100m only for abroad.

“So we found a happy medium – I extended the contract, but if the player did such extraordinary things as to tempt a foreign club to come in with an offer of €100m, I’d allow him to leave.

“Having said that, Belotti could also turn them down and refuse to go, in which case I’d treat him well and probably guarantee even more improvements to the contract.

“For now, that is the situation.”

Belotti has previously suggested that he will remain with his current club, : “Of course I am staying. I want to remain at Torino. In fact, I will stay at Torino next season.”

He has also sought to , but a transfer scramble will likely be sparked this summer if a formal approach is made for his services.