FIFA has banned former executive committee member Worawi Makudi from football for three months after he failed to comply with a previous sanction.

Makudi, the ex-president of the Football Association of Thailand (FAT), received a 90-day ban in October last year over an unspecified breach of FIFA's code of ethics, though he stressed at the time that he would appeal the punishment.

Football's governing body has now issued a new three-month ban and a fine after Makudi was deemed to have remained involved in FAT proceedings despite his previous suspension.

"Worawi Makudi has been sanctioned by FIFA's disciplinary committee for failing to comply with a decision passed by the adjudicatory chamber of the independent ethics committee," a statement released on Monday read.

"In October 2015, the ethics committee banned Mr Makudi from all football activities for 90 days. The disciplinary committee found that Mr Makudi was still involved in FAT affairs during this period – constituting a breach of article 64 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code – and has therefore decided to ban him from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at national and international level for a period of three months. A fine of CHF 3,000 and a warning were also imposed.

"The sanction is effective from February 22 2016, the date on which this decision was notified."

Makudi, who had been a member of the executive committee for 18 years until May 2015, claimed last October that FIFA's ban did not prevent him from continuing work in Thailand.

"I have no idea why FIFA issued such suspension order which relatively defames my reputation," Worawi was quoted as saying in Thai newspapers. "I will have the legal team send a petition to FIFA immediately under my rights. According to Thai laws, this case is not final. I'm still entitled to do local activities."