New Queensland one-day captain Chris Lynn says scoring runs won't be his top priority in the upcoming domestic limited overs tournament.

Back to full fitness after a string of shoulder dramas, Lynn simply hoped to get through the JLT One Day Cup series unscathed.

Lynn will be out to impress in Sunday's opening 50-over clash against Victoria in Townsville after being named skipper of a 14-strong Bulls squad in the absence of Usman Khawaja (Test duty) and Jimmy Peirson (hamstring).

It will mark Lynn's first Bulls one-day game in five years due to his spate of shoulder issues.

So Lynn said finishing the game without injury was the main goal, not his trademark fireworks after recovering from his latest shoulder setback suffered in a February international Twenty20.

"Everyone asks what my goals are. I don't say runs. I say 'try and play 12 months of the year without getting injured'," Lynn said.

"My goal is to stay fit and play every game. It's been a long last few months since I popped my right shoulder out."

Lynn made his comeback at April's Indian Premier League.

He then cut short a Caribbean Premier League stint to lead Queensland in the JLT One Day Cup with an eye toward the 2019 World Cup.

"In the Caribbean, I didn't play the best cricket but my body felt really good - it gives me confidence I can get through the whole tournament," Lynn said.

He takes over a Bulls squad with five players unavailable due to Test selection.

Queensland Bulls one-day squad (for round one and two): Chris Lynn (capt), Xavier Bartlett, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Prestwidge, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Sam Truloff, Jack Wildermuth.