LIZ Cambage and her Dallas Wings bowed out of the WNBA Playoffs, and, despite talk that the Australian centre wouldn’t return to the league, she appears to have changed her tune.

Entering the final few games of the regular season, Cambage made it clear that it makes more sense for her to focus on playing basketball outside the United States, where the salary is significantly higher.

So, after the Wings’ 101-83 loss to the Phoenix Mercury, many feared that they had seen the last of the 27-year-old in the WNBA. After the game, however — following Cambage’s 22-point, 12-rebound, and 6-assist effort — there appeared to be hope that she’d return to Dallas.

“I want to be here talking about a win next year,” Cambage said, postgame. “I want to be here. I want a ring.”

We’re not expected to get a clearer picture of Cambage’s actual decision until she completes her upcoming season in China, but there’s a sense that she has the desire to return to the WNBA, the league she just led in scoring.

“Heartbreak’s always made me hungrier,” Cambage said. “My first taste of the playoffs and it’s left a bitter taste in my mouth. I love this team. I’ve loved my time in Dallas. I’m heartbroken that it’s come to an end.

“I’m going to miss seeing these girls every day, and that little taste, it makes me want more. It makes me want to do more. It makes me want to do better. It makes me want to be better with my team.”

Cambage’s fellow Australian, Cayla George, played five minutes for the Wings, posting foru points.

For the Mercury, the Northern Territory’s Stephanie Talbot finished with a double-double — 11 points, 11 rebounds, and three assists — while Australian Opals guard, Leilani Mitchell, had four points and two assists off the bench.

The one-game elimination fixture means the Wings have been eliminated from the WNBA Playoffs, while the Mercury move on to face the Connecticut Sun.

The Mercury are coached by Opals head coach, Sandry Brondello, while Penny Taylor serves as the Director of Player Development and Performance.