Two of the best young strikers in the game will come up against each other next week and the England international is relishing the occasion

Jesse Lingard has talked up the talent of team-mate Marcus Rashford, stating that "the world is his oyster" as the young striker spearheads Manchester United's revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The 21-year-old had been forced to play from the wing under former boss Jose Mourinho, with the formidable frame of Romelu Lukaku the Portuguese's preferred centre-forward option during his time at the club.

Solskjaer's reign has seen Rashford return to the striker position, however, and the decision to reinstate the England international to his preferred role has seen him rack up six goals in 10 matches .

Editors' Picks
From chaos to calm: Madrid making real progress under Solari
'Jurgen's cracking up!' - City put efficiency ahead of style to pile pressure on Liverpool
Vinicius Junior’s Clasico: Real Madrid wonderkid already becoming indispensable
Bale out, Benzema in: Barcelona-Real Madrid combined XI
Lingard is one of the many enjoying his team-mate's current form, and says that he likes to offer his own services as guidance for the youngster.

“He's so young and he's achieving so much – the world is his oyster,” Lingard told Goal . “He's a humble kid, he always keeps his feet on the ground.

“He loves his football and plays with a smile on his face, which is important too. His form has been great at the moment, he's relishing every opportunity and making them count.

“He works hard and helps the team with goals and assists, that's very important for us. We press from the top and he starts that off for us too.

“I like to look after him when he gets into trouble on the pitch, I'm always there to back him. It started at the Man City game, he got into a little bit of beef.

“I like to be there for him. Ever since then it has carried on, whether it's with England on Man United. I've always been there and I'll back him no matter what.”

The Red Devils will soon host Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League, with both sides eager to progress past the round of 16.

United have been handed something of an advantage for both legs of the tie, with Neymar having been ruled out for 10 weeks with a metatarsal injury .

Lingard admits that he considers the Brazilian to be among the best in the game, a player to draw inspiration from, but knows that making it past PSG will be no easy task due to the other quality players plying their trade in the French capital.

“Neymar is up there with the best in the world and you can learn from players like that,” he said. “You want to play against the best players and teams in the world and they've got a couple of them.

“Their team is doing well at the moment. Mbappe is a very good footballer - he's come a long way to get to where he is now. He's still so young... it's frightening really.

“We want to relish this opportunity and play against the best. Champions League at home to PSG, you can't get much bigger than that.

“We want to win and if we apply ourselves right we can get the job done.”

Article continues below
Manchester United first play PSG on Tuesday, February 12 at Old Trafford.

Jesse Lingard was speaking at the launch of the Coca-Cola and Premier League campaign, ‘Where Everyone Plays’ and features in the new TV ad as Coca-Cola’s newest ambassador.

Watch the film in full here: https://youtu.be/8_XBxcIoZy0