THERE isn't much left for Sam Walsh to prove this season, but the possible No.1 draft pick has set his sights on a final couple of achievements.

The midfielder will this week test at the NAB AFL Draft Combine at Marvel Stadium, and with endurance a key part of his game, is eyeing off the 2km time trial and YoYo test records.

The events were brought into the Combine only last year as the AFL looked to better replicate the running demands of the top level in its junior testing.

Hawk Dylan Moore topped the 2km time trial with a run of 6:09 minutes, while Docker Andrew Brayshaw recorded the best YoYo test by reaching level 22.4.

Walsh, whose season finished as the Geelong Falcons bowed out of the TAC Cup finals series, said he was keen to put on show his aerobic capacity and see if he can set new benchmarks.

"It's definitely something you look at. It'll be definitely very hard to beat. I'll give it my best crack and see how I go," Walsh said on Tuesday.

"It's been good to do a bit of training in the lead-up and cram a bit in, so I'm looking forward to the next couple of days.

"I'm feeling pretty good. After the season the body was a bit sore and it's a long season, but I had about a week off and have had two weeks of training with [Falcons conditioning coach] Matt Critchley and the Falcons boys.

"It's been good and I'm feeling ready for it."

The YoYo test replaced the beep test and sees players need to run between cones that are 20 metres apart at timed intervals. Players have a 10-second recovery period between the sprints where they need to jog to another cone.

After dominating this season, winning the Larke Medal as the best player in division one of the under-18 championships and captaining a number of sides across the year, Walsh's stocks as the potential top pick have soared.

Carlton holds the first selection for the fifth time since 2002, and recently went to Walsh's family house in Ocean Grove to interview the 18-year-old.

"I'd love to go No.1 but I'd love to be picked anywhere as well. Obviously there's still a lot to go on and I'm just looking forward to hopefully go well at the Combine and see what goes from there."

"Carlton came down with (recruiters) Michael Jordan and Dale [Harris], so that was good to meet with them and they presented really well. A few clubs have come down recently as well."