BRISBANE’S brilliant boxing prospect Liam Paro plans a hit and run mission against rugged German Robert Tlatlik in their Fox Sports battle at the sold-out Brisbane Convention Centre on Saturday night.

The 22-year-old world No. 6 will jet off to France immediately after the fight to support his mentor Mark Flanagan as the power-punching cruiserweight faces Arsen Goulamirian in Marseille for the interim World Boxing Association cruiserweight title on Saturday week.

Paro expects to board his flight with plenty of war wounds after fighting Tlatlik, who boasts 22 wins in 23 fights and has never been stopped.

“Tlatlik is a very strong European-style pressure fighter,’’ Paro said.

“But I’ve prepared really well with some great sparring and I’m confident my boxing skills will give me another win.

“I’m still expecting a hard fight, though, from a very highly regarded boxer.’’

Paro is the No.6 contender for the World Boxing Organisation junior-welterweight title held by the American Maurice Hooker, who became champion after Jeff Horn’s nemesis Terence Crawford moved from the 63.5kg division to welterweight (66.7kg) so he could fight for Horn’s crown in Las Vegas.

Paro will be in Marseille to support Flanagan, who encouraged Paro’s boxing career when he was a novice amateur in Mackay, convincing him to move first to Townsville to train with the great Dennis Clancy before relocating to Brisbane to work with coach Alfie Di Carlo.

From Marseille, Paro will head to the World Boxing Organisation convention in Panama in a bid to boost his world ranking to qualify for a shot at Hooker next year.

Paro goes into Saturday night’s fight unbeaten in 14 pro fights.

Horn credits him for helping his preparation “enormously’’ with solid sparring sessions before Horn’s monumental victory over Manny Pacquiao at Suncorp Stadium last year.