Australian golfer Marc Leishman has stormed to an imperious five-shot victory in the US PGA Tour's CIMB Classic in Kuala Lumpur.

World No.24 Leishman claimed his fourth US tour title by shooting a closing seven-under-par 65 at TPC Kuala Lumpur to finish at 26-under.

Tied with American Gary Woodland and India's Shubhankar Sharma overnight, Leishman took control early on Sunday.

He charged through the first 10 holes in six-under with six birdies, including four straight from the second hole, and was so solid he was never threatened on the back nine.

Leading by four on the last hole, he was able to smile and chat to the tv cameras in the fairway before making his seventh birdie of the day to cap off the victory.

Leishman won from Argentina's Emiliano Grillo (66) and Americans Chesson Hadley (66) and Bronson Burgoon (67), who tied for second.

Having had two runner-up finishes and four other top-10 placings without a win on the US Tour last season, the 34-year-old Victorian enjoyed his first win since the BMW Championship in last year's tour playoffs.

"I am very happy to get another win. It had been more than a year since I won. I have had a few chances and didn't capitalise," Leishman said.

"I want to try and win something else before the end of the year but this is awesome.

"The kids will be very happy that I'm bringing home a trophy."

Leishman's winning form is good news for Australian fans ahead of his return home next month.

He's set to team with Cameron Smith at the World Cup in Melbourne before contesting the Australian PGA Championship on the Gold Coast, although he's skipping the Australian Open in Sydney.