Promising young striker Tom Hopper will be staying with Leicester until at least the end of the 2015/16 season after signing a new two-year contract.

The 20-year-old made a pair of first-team appearances for the Foxes last season in the Capital One Cup before unfortunately suffering a stress fracture to his leg which kept him out for much of the rest of the campaign.

However, he returned in time to score some important goals for the development squad and will now be hoping to feature in the Premier League for Nigel Pearson's Championship winners.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be a part of this club and to have signed a new contract is a wonderful feeling," said Hopper.

"Last season started with a lot of promise for me, but unfortunately I got injured, which meant I didn't play as much as I could have.

"I'm fully fit now and I can't wait to get started again by showing what I can do in pre-season.

"The manager and (development squad boss) Steve Beaglehole have been great. They've been really supportive and helped me a lot, so for me to be a part of this club for another two years is fantastic."

The Leicester website added: "A hard working and versatile forward with a fearsome left foot, Hopper made his Leicester debut as a substitute in a 2-0 FA Cup win at home to Swindon in January 2012, before a successful loan spell with Bury the following season."