While the Lakers may simply not want to address LaVar Ball's comments saying the players don't want to play for Luke Walton, by not backing their head coach, NBA executives are starting to think he could be on his way out.

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, executives and agents are starting to question whether Walton is part of the Lakers' plans for the future.

"Whatever you want to say about LaVar Ball, he has smoked out the fact that the Lakers do not support Luke Walton. That is now crystal clear," Windhorst told the Rich Eisen Show Friday. "And there are now guys out there wondering openly to me, executives, coaching agents, 'I wonder who the Lakers are going to hire as their next coach.'

"Because that has been revealed here that they don't have unconditional support for Luke."
Windhorst went on to say this idea could not be true, but it is the opinion of many around the NBA. To make matters more complicated though is what else executives are saying.

The idea now is the Lakers are looking for their next head coach and going after a man who would appease LeBron James.
"What coach has LeBron tweeted about most recently? What coach got fired this year and LeBron tweeted about him? Los Angeles native David Fizdale," Windhorst said. "Now again, this may not be true, the Lakers may intend to keep him, but what I'm telling you is the way the events have gone down, like, I've got executives in my ear, I've got agents in my ear saying 'Oh yeah, they're going to hire David Fizdale.'"

James will become a free agent after the season and the opinion of many in the industry is the Lakers are going to go after him as hard as possible. James has also dropped several hints that he wants to be in Los Angeles too and there have been multiple reports saying he desires to be in California.

The important thing to take from this though is as long as the Lakers do not address Ball's comments and back up their head coach these rumors will continue to grow