https://cdn1.img.rsport.ru/images/11...1132474678.jpg

MOSCOW, February 21 (Itar-Tass) - RIA Novosti. Bronze medalist of the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang in a double mix, the Russian curler Alexander Krushelnytsky said that he never accepted meldonia.

According to Krushelnytsky, a positive test for meldon was for him and his wife and partner on the team Anastasia Bryzgalova "not just a shock" - "this is a huge blow both in reputation and career." The athlete notes that any kind of doping in the run-up to the Olympic Games, where testing is conducted at the highest level, makes no sense. "That's why I like no one else is interested in conducting an early investigation to find out the reasons for what happened," - said the athlete in an interview with Channel One.

However, Krushelnytsky did not rule out that he could be substituted. "The fact that I drink in training is ordinary water, I type it from home, from bottles, I bring it to the ice, there can not be anything there." The only thing in the hotel was that someone could get into the room, "he suggested.

Bryzgalova, in turn, noted that the couple did not take medicines with them to the Games, therefore mistletoe getting into the spouse's body is mistakenly excluded. "We have a doctor, if we feel bad, go to him. We are not five-year-old children and do not put anything in their mouths, we watch bottles, "said the sportswoman.

In addition, according to Bryzgalovoy, curlers do not have "exorbitant" physical exertion, which would require drugs for recovery.

Positive result

In the delegation of Olympic athletes from Russia (OAR) previously confirmed that the test of B Krushelnitsky gave a positive result. In the statement of the delegation it is noted that the available information does not answer the questions, just as when meldon could get into the athlete's body.

"The test, taken from Alexander Krushelnytsky before the start of the Olympic Games, was negative on January 22. So, the fact of deliberate or systematic use of the prohibited substance is not confirmed," the delegation said in a statement.

The OAR emphasizes that the concentration of meldonia found in the sample indicates that a single use of the drug, which is not used in medical practice, is meaningless from the point of view of achieving any effect on the human body.

Appeal to the Investigation Committee

The Curling Federation of Russia (FKR) established a special commission to investigate the doping case and appealed to the Investigative Committee of Russia with a statement that unknown persons could add to the athlete's food.

In addition, FKR appealed to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the Organizing Committee of the 2018 Olympic Games in Pyeongchang and the World Curling Federation to provide records from CCTV cameras in the Olympic village and hotel in Japan where the athletes lived during training camps.

Earlier, the Anti-Doping Division of the Sports Arbitration Court (CAS) registered the case against a 25-year-old athlete after his A-test had given a positive result to the mallon.

Link: https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_cur...132977045.html