SUPERSTAR West Coast Fever shooter Jhaniele Fowler has declared her knee injury will not stop her lining up in next Sunday’s historic Super Netball grand final at Perth Arena.

Fowler was forced off the court for about a quarter in Fever’s 63-57 major semifinal win over the Greater Western Sydney Giants in Sydney last weekend.

The 29-year-old returned to lead West Coast to victory but was clearly sore with her right knee strapped.

“I just got a hit in the wrong place in the knee and it just left it really sore,” Fowler said.

“It has been given me a bit of an issue over the weeks. Unfortunately that day the goal defence just happened to hit me in the right spot and it just aggravated it a bit.

“We did an MRI to check out what is going on inside. Good news, it’s all good. There’s nothing to stop me from playing in the finals. I still have a bit of recovery to do to get the soreness out of the way.”

Fowler will sit out training this week, with ice, pool sessions and anti inflammatories helping her manage the injury.

Given she hasn’t had an injury like it before, the Jamaican captain is unsure whether she will need any further treatment after the grand final on August 26.

“No I haven’t,” Fowler said. “I have had a niggle with my left knee but nothing to stop me from playing.

“Most definitely back on court next week, full swing with the team so I’ll get a bit of rest this week.

“As soon as we are finished playing we will basically have an idea of what’s going to be done then.”

Fowler said she had become more vocal in recent weeks, believing she could energise her teammates.

She didn’t have a preference about who they would play in the decider out of preliminary final opponents the Giants and Sunshine Coast Lightning, saying they were confident against whoever they came up against.